If ballpoint ink gets on the carpet, it can be removed with some simple steps – provided that the carpet is colorfast. Because these removal methods will eliminate the coloring of the ink, they might also remove the dyes that color the carpet fibers. At all times test a small area first prior to tackling your stain.
- Carpet shampoo (optional)
- Resolve Carpet Stain Remover
- Rubbing alcohol
- Soft cloths
- Start off with the application of a carpet stain remover. Ballpoint ink doesn’t absorb into the carpet fibers like other inks, and is simpler to remove. More often than not, the stain remover will be able to lift it.
- Blot the spot with a clean cloth. Turn the cloth often to maintain a clean surface in contact with the carpet. Failure to do this can lead to the ink being reapplied while you work.
- Re-apply the stain remover and soon you don’t see any more ink transferring to the cloth.
- After that, test a hidden area by blotting it using a rubbing alcohol.
- Wait for a few moments and blot the area with a clean cloth. Determine if there is any change to the color after many hours, or if any color from the carpet transfers to the cloth while blotting.
- In case the carpet is colorfast, it is safe to continue.
- Moisten a soft cloth using the rubbing alcohol. In the event the area is very small, or a line, make use of a cotton swab for greater accuracy.
- Blot the moistened cloth onto the ink stain.
- Just as before, turn the cloth frequently to maintain a clean surface in contact with the carpet.
- Do it again until the stain is removed.
- An optional action is to clean the carpet area using a carpet shampoo and/or rinse it by blotting with clean water.
Guidelines for Ballpoint Ink:
- Hairspray as well is effective to remove ink stains. The more affordable brands work better for the reason that they contain more alcohol, which is the ingredient that removes the ink. Just spray it liberally onto the surface and blot using a clean cloth. Make sure you wash the area as soon as the stain is gone to remove any hairspray residue.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599