Generally speaking seeing your floor covered with carpets sure is nice. Aside from spills and stains, carpets are also subjected to different kinds of damages. In other words, can risk the quality of your carpet. In fact, knowing also the signs can prevent some basic carpet damages.
Basic Carpet Damages with Simple Repairs
1. Gum becomes stuck into the carpet
– use ice to take it out.
2. Spills or stains on your carpet (including pet accidents)
– try one of the new oxygen cleaners and adhere to the label instructions.
3. A section of pile is flattened
– use a metal pet brush to lift the nap.
4. Loops on a shag or Berber carpet become loose
– either carefully cut them off or reinsert them into the backing with an awl.
5. Minor burns
– carefully snip off the tops of singed fibers with cuticle scissors for basic carpet damages.
6. Carpet cannot otherwise be cleaned
– create a patch from a carpet installation remnant or from a closet corner.
7. Seam separates or a tear occurs
– you can stitch it back together or fix it using seam adhesive.
8. New carpet installed
– To sum up, ask for a copy of the fabric label. It will include information on the fabric materials and care guidelines. Keep any scraps of both carpet and padding to use for matching colors and patching too. Or deciding how much wear the carpet has taken later.
Things Needed to Get Things Done
- The first one, Carpet cutter
- Second, some carpet patch tool
- Cleaning rags
- Double-sided tape
- Dry-cleaning fluid
- Latex seam adhesive
- Vacuum cleaner
- Mild detergent
- Monofilament thread (clear fishing line)
- Nails or tacks
- also scissors
- Upholstery needle
Additionally call us! Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599