How to Remove tire marks from carpet
To eliminate or clean bicycle tire marks from carpet, try this simple, eco-friendly strategy. It will not only clean your carpet but besides, provides built-in protection against future stains. It all starts with preventing marks from being tracked inside.
Things Needed to Clean Tire Marks from Carpet
Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
Soft, absorbent towel
- Start by spraying a generous amount of Simple Green Carpet Cleaner over the stain.
- Dampen a soft-bristled brush with water.
- Work the cleaner into the tire marks with a damp brush.
- If needed, allow the cleaner to set on the stain to allow for it time to loosen the rubber from the carpet fibres.
- As soon as the stain is gone, wipe the area free of the foam with a clean damp sponge, rinsing often.
- Blot dry using a soft absorbent towel.
- Regularly spot test in a hidden area to check for colourfastness, before starting.
- Also, comply with all instructions and warnings on the bottle label as well as instructed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To avoid future stains, consider placing a decorative rug in front of the chair to protect the carpeting.
- For instance, vacuuming the area after it has dried will help to restore the texture of the carpet fibres.
- Using detergents and stain removers without dyes prevents adding another stain to the area. Sometimes coloured soaps can leave a second stain as they turn the area a light shade of the colours used to add colour to the liquid.
- Before you use a cleaning product, test a small spot before applying it to the entire area to ensure that it won’t discolour your carpet. Also, check the carpet manufacturer’s recommendations.