To eliminate or clean bicycle tire marks from carpet, try this simple, eco-friendly strategy. It will not only clean your carpet but in addition provides built-in protection against future stains. It all starts with preventing marks from being tracked inside.
Things Needed to Clean Bicycle Tire Marks from Carpet :
Simple Green Carpet Cleaner
Soft absorbent towel
Soft bristled brush
- Start off by spraying a generous amount of Simple Green Carpet Cleaner over the stain.
- Dampen a soft bristled brush with water.
- Work the cleaner into the tire marks with a damp brush.
- If needed, allow the cleaner to set on the stain to allow for it time to loosen the rubber from the carpet fibers.
- As soon as the stain is gone, wipe the area free of the foam with a clean damp sponge, rinsing often.
- Once the stain is taken away, blot dry using a soft absorbent towel.
- Constantly spot test in a hidden area to check for color fastness prior to starting.
- In addition, comply with all instructions and warnings on the bottle label as well as using only as instructed.
Additional Tips and Advice
- To avoid future stains, consider placing a decorative rug in front of the chair to provide protection for the carpeting.
- For instance, vacuuming the area after it has dried will help to restore the texture of the carpet fibers.
- As a matter of fact using detergents and stain removers without dyes prevents adding another stain to the area. Sometimes colored detergents can leave a second stain as they turn the area a light shade of the dyes used to add color to the liquid.
- Before you use a cleaning product, test a small spot before applying it to the entire area to ensure that it won’t discolor your carpet. Also, check the carpet manufacturer’s recommendations.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599