Irrespective of how hard you try to keep your carpet clean, stains find a way to appear. A chocolate stain can be the most difficult since it is dark, thick and not easily wiped away. With the help of a few common household products and some patience, you are able to clean chocolate or lift in a few minutes.
Before trying any of the methods below when you’re wondering how to get chocolate out of the carpet. Remember that the longer the chocolate stain sits, the harder it will be to remove it. Like with most carpet stains, the best thing to do is to act quickly.
Things Needed to Clean Chocolate Stains:
- Allow the chocolate to dry. Scrape off as much as possible with a dull butter knife and after which vacuum the crumbs and flakes with a hand vacuum or vacuum hose.
- Switch on the clothing iron to the lowest non-steam setting. Set a layer of several paper towels over the chocolate stain. Then, iron the paper towels to soften the chocolate. The paper towels will begin absorbing the stain.
- Keep the iron temperature steady since excessive heat will melt the chocolate and spread the stain further, but not enough heat will fail to lift the stain.
- Change the used paper towels with fresh towels as the chocolate soils them. Perform again the cycle, gradually thinning the chocolate layer, till the stain is gone.
- Treat any remaining dark spots using a spot remover, carpet cleaning spray or regular dish detergent. Scrub the cleaner into the carpet, blot using a clean towel and allow it to air dry. In case the chocolate stain proves stubborn but is in a low-visibility area, experiment with a product advertised as tough on stains, for example, OxiClean, Stain Buddy or Folex Instant Spot Remover.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599