Irrespective of how hard you try to keep your carpet clean, stains find a way to appear. A chocolate stain can be the most difficult since it is dark, thick and not easily wiped away. With the help of a few common household products and some patience, you are able to lift the chocolate in a few minutes. Please read on to learn how to get rid of chocolate from carpet.
- Allow the chocolate to dry. Scrape off as much as possible with a dull butter knife and after which vacuum the crumbs and flakes with a hand vacuum or vacuum hose.
- Switch on the clothing iron to the lowest non-steam setting. Set a layer of several paper towels over the chocolate stain. Then, iron the paper towels to soften the chocolate. The paper towels will begin absorbing the stain.
- Keep the iron temperature steady since excessive heat will melt the chocolate and spread the stain further, but not enough heat will fail to lift the stain.
- Change the used paper towels with fresh towels as the chocolate soils them. Perform again the cycle, gradually thinning the chocolate layer, till the stain is gone.
- Treat any remaining dark spots using a spot remover, carpet cleaning spray or regular dish detergent. Scrub the cleaner into the carpet, blot using a clean towel and allow it to air dry. In case the chocolate stain proves stubborn but is in a low-visibility area, experiment with a product advertised as tough on stains for example OxiClean, Stain Buddy or Folex Instant Spot Remover.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Auckland Central 09-377 9044
North Shore 09-489 5599
West Auckland 09-836 0990
East Auckland 09-535 1055
South Auckland 09-262 1800