Chewing Gum Removal from Carpet
Does your carpet have chewing gum? Well, that would not be an issue as we will be talking later how to clean chewing gum from the carpet without delay.
Removing chewing gum isn’t a nice task. It’s a sticky mess to start with, but it soon becomes a sizeable unsightly stain that is tough to remove chewing gum from carpet. When it comes to removing chewing gum, you’ve got two options – freeze it or dissolve it. Here’s what you need to know to make it easy and quick to do. See the below Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Gum Removal Guide. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland stain removal services, in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland.
To be able to remove chewing gums easily, you may want to follow these measures:
HOW TO REMOVE GUM FROM CARPET DIY 1
- Harden the chewing gum. You would find it a lot challenging to remove chewing gums from your carpet when it’s not hard. You would just find yourself stretching and stretching the bubble gum. As soon as the bubble gum is already hard, it would only be easy for you to scrape it. Place a few ice cubes in a zip lock bag and place on top of the chewing gum. Thus, it will harden the chewing-gum, making it easier to remove. Leave for approximately 5 minutes. Remove ice, and, using a metal spoon or blunt butter knife, scrape off the hardened gum.
- Scrape the chewing gum. After putting some ice cubes and the chewing gum is already chilled, now it is time to scrape it out. Use spatula or spoon to scrape the chewing gum out. Avoid using a knife as it may cause damage to your carpet.
- Sponge the area where the gum was with a clean white cloth. Blot with the towel until there are no traces of the chewing gum.
- With a knife, you could cut some strands of fibres of your carpet.
- Apply dry-cleaning solution. If you can still find some small particles of chewing gum left on your carpet, you may dissolve it by dabbing a small amount of dry cleaning solvent. Soon after touching, blot the area.
- Blot some dishwashing solution. To make your dishwashing solution, you need to simply mix 25% mild dishwashing liquid and 75% warm water. In the event, you still see some chewing gum particles. Repeat the process.
- Rinse the area thoroughly through the use of spray bottle—blot to eliminate the moisture.
- Dry the carpet. Place over a dry towel with weights on it.
- Vacuum the carpet. To finish the entire process, vacuum the area to restore the vibrancy of the carpets.
HOW TO REMOVE GUM FROM CARPET DIY 2
Another method of getting chewing gum out of carpet is simple. Grab some CRC lubricant, a fingernail brush and spray degreaser. Follow the steps below.
- Spray a generous amount of CRC lubricant directly onto the chewing gum stain.
- After applying the CRC lubricant, let the stain sit for a few minutes.
- Use the fingernail brush to remove the stain, scrubbing the gum stain in the same direction (choose the right to left or left to right – just continue in the same motion you start).
- Keep applying CRC lubricant, followed by a vigorous scrub with the brush.
- Repeat as necessary.
- To clean the area, spray the degreaser directly onto the affected area.
- Rinse a clean sponge with warm water and apply the sponge to the carpet.
- Gently clean the area until the stain is no longer visible.
Gum Removal Guide
- If the affected area is a bit large and you feel you can’t do it alone, it is advisable to call the help of the carpet cleaning professionals. They know best concerning the situation.
- Never use a sharp object when scraping out the chewing gum. You could accidentally cut off your carpet.
- Test any solutions before you apply to the carpet to avoid damage.
Take note: It is essential to learn how to clean gum from carpet since we don’t know when will accident strike on our carpet. Steam ‘n’ Dry Carpet Cleaning Auckland stain removal services, in South Auckland, North Shore, East, West Auckland.
Experienced, Researched and written by the Stephens family. Thus, includes Graeme an IICRC master restoration Technician 2001, with over 32 years of carpet cleaning and stain removal Auckland services experience.
Updated:15th May 2020