Your carpet has chewing gums? Well, that would not be an issue as we will be talking later how to remove chewing gum from carpet without delay. You would really realize it’s so easy and quick to do.
To be able to remove chewing gums easily, you may want to follow these measures:
- Harden the chewing gum. You would really find it a lot challenging to remove chewing gums from your carpet when it’s not hard. You would just find yourself stretching and stretching the bubble gum. As soon as the bubble gum is already hard it would just be easy for you to scrape it. In order to harden the bubble gum, you need to get some ice cubes. Place the ice cubes in an ice bag and put them over the chewing gum. Let it sit for a couple of minutes and take it out once you find the bubble or chewing gum chilled.
- Scrape the chewing gum. After putting some ice cubes and the chewing gum is already chilled, now it is time to scrape it out. Use spatula or spoon to scrape the chewing gum out. Avoid using knife as it may cause damage to your carpet. With knife, you could possibly cut some strands of fibers of your carpet.
- Apply dry cleaning solution. If you can still find some small particles of chewing gum left on your carpet, you may dissolve it by dabbing small amount of dry cleaning solution. Soon after dabbing, blot the area.
- Blot some dishwashing solution. To make your own dishwashing solution you need to simply mix 25% mild dishwashing liquid and 75% warm water. In the event you still see some chewing gum particles. Repeat the process.
- Rinse the area thoroughly through the use of spray bottle. Blot to eliminate the moisture.
- Dry the carpet. Place over dry towel with weights on it.
- Vacuum the carpet. To finish the entire process, vacuum the area to restore the vibrancy of the carpet.
- If the affected area is a bit large and you feel you can’t do it alone, it is advisable to call the help of the carpet cleaning professionals. They know best concerning the situation.
- Never use sharp object when scraping out the chewing gum. You could possibly accidentally cut off your carpet.
- Test any solutions before you apply to the carpet to avoid damage.
Take note: It is essential to learn how to remove chewing gum from carpet since we don’t know when will accident strike on our carpet.
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Auckland Central 09-377 9044
North Shore 09-489 5599
West Auckland 09-836 0990
East Auckland 09-535 1055
South Auckland 09-262 1800