Carpet may become splattered with latex paint when homeowners are not able to properly cover flooring during remodeling projects. Latex paint is made up of polyvinyl material and acrylic resins, which quickly harden and bond to carpet fibers. Failing to promptly remove latex paint spills makes carpet susceptible to permanent paint stains. Latex paint stains become increasingly difficult to eliminate the longer they set on carpet. Thankfully, certain cleaning supplies can remove old latex paint from carpet.
Water-based acrylic paint remover
1 tsp. clear liquid dish detergent
3 non-dyed cloths
- Scrape off excess dried paint off the carpet with a butter knife. Take out as much paint as possible.
- Mix 1 teaspoon of clear liquid dish detergent and 1 cup of warm water in a container. Moisten a non-dyed cloth in the soapy water. Blot the remaining paint with the moistened cloth until the soapy water is completely absorbed in the carpet.
- Check out the carpet for remaining traces of latex paint. If perhaps paint remains, moisten a clean sponge with glycerin. Press the sponge into the stain. Allow the glycerin to permeate the stain for three hours.
- Examine the carpet for stubborn traces of latex paint. In case the crusty stain persists, moisten a non-dyed cloth with water-based acrylic paint remover. Refer to the guidelines on the product’s label. Blot the dried paint stain using the cloth until the paint remover is completely absorbed in the carpet. At all times blot using a clean, folded section of the cloth.
- Dampen a third non-dyed cloth with cool water. Blot the carpet using the cloth to rinse the carpet.
- Press a clean towel onto the damp carpet till all moisture is taken away.
- Substitute a solution of 1 tablespoon of household ammonia and 1/2 cup water for the glycerin.
- Try out all products on a small, hidden portion of the carpet in order to prevent discoloration.
- Hot water tends to make latex paint stains set in deeper unto the carpet.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Auckland Central 09-377 9044
North Shore 09-489 5599
West Auckland 09-836 0990
East Auckland 09-535 1055
South Auckland 09-262 1800