Carpet and red wine… It might seem like the beginning of a household nightmare but it needn’t be. We will show you how to clean red wine out of carpet in this simple steps.
The crucial element in removing a red wine stain from a carpet is to tackle the job immediately. If the stain is permitted to remain on the carpet for longer than a few moments, it can become a permanent one that only a professional carpet cleaning service can undo. Protect your investment in your home by means of cleaning red wine spills out of a carpet the instant they happen.
Things Needed to Clean Red Wine Stain:
Clear laundry detergent
Small container or spray bottle
White rag or towel
- Combine warm water with three or four drops of clear laundry detergent. By no means use hot water on a wine spill to clean it up because doing so will make the stain permanent by heat-setting it. Pour the soapy mixture onto the stain until it’s totally covered.
- Blot the spot, with a dry white towel or rag, until it fades.
- Allow the water to sink into the stain for a minute or two. After that, rinse the red wine spot carefully with more warm water from the sink and blot the stain once more.
- Perform steps 1, 2, and 3 again. Repeat the washing, blotting, and rinsing procedures until the stain has been removed successfully. Allow the affected area of the rug to dry overnight.
- Vacuum the rug to take out any dirt as well as dust that accumulated there.
- Under no circumstances use hot water on a stain.
Note: Remember to spot test a less visible area of your carpet first. Carpets can vary and may not all react to stain removal in the same way.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599