Discovering stains on your carpet can be annoying and nerve-wracking. Especially on how to clean rust stains. It isn’t unusual for metal items to leave rust stains on your carpet. Those can cause your carpet to look old and dull. However, there are a few techniques to remove the rust stain and bring back the look of your carpet. The quicker you deal with the rust stain the easier it will be to remove.
Things Needed to Clean Rust:
Commercial rust remover
Commercial Rust Remover
- Apply a commercial rust remover to the stained carpet.
- Scrub the rust stain using a scrub brush. Let the carpet dry for five minutes.
- Blot the rust stain using a clean white cloth and at the same time applying pressure.
- Rinse the area through patting the carpet using a clean, damp cloth.
Lemon Juice and Salt
- Scrape off as much rust off the carpet that you can with the back of a butter knife.
- Combine 3 tablespoons of lemon juice with 4 tablespoons of salt.
- Apply the mixture straight to the rust stain. Let sit for a few hours.
- Scrub the stain using a scrub brush until the stain vanishes. Rinse the area using a damp cloth.
- Mix 1 part rubbing alcohol and 3 parts water.
- Add the solution to a spray bottle.
- Saturate the rust stain with the solution.
- Blot the rust stain using paper towels. Begin at the outer edge of the stain and work inwards.
- Perform the process repeatedly until rust stain is gone.
- Test the technique on an inconspicuous area of the carpet. In case colorfastness or damage takes place, discontinue use and try another rust removal method.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599