Getting Rid of Carpet Spots
Common wear and tear along with spills and drips can all result in carpet spots and stains. Cleaning these small areas is simple to do with a few simple actions. To maintain the spot from looking worn or damaged, observe these directions when cleaning carpet spots and stains.
Bucket or spray bottle (depending on the size of the stain)
Cleaning product appropriate for the stain type
Soft cloths or paper towels
- Start off by removing any solids or excess spill from the surface of the carpet.
- Dampen the area with a small amount of water. Unless you are sure it won’t affect the stain, use cool water instead of hot. In the event the area is large, fill a bucket with water and dab it on with a wet cloth. If the area is small, a spray bottle is effective.
- Use the appropriate cleaning/stain removal product to the spot.
- Make use of a clean, soft cloth or paper towel to blot the area by pressing gently on the stained area. As you implement it, you will see the stain transfer onto the cloth.
- Turn the cloth frequently so you are always utilizing a clean portion of the cloth.
- Reapply the stain remover and water as required. Continue to blot them away till the stain is eliminated.
- As soon as the stain is gone, rinse the area by spraying it with clean water and blotting it away.
- Press clean, dry cloths over the area to dry. Apply constant pressure until move of the moisture is soaked up from the carpet fibers.
- Let the area air dry completely.
- In case the texture of the cleaned area appears different after cleaning, vacuum it to bring back the original look.
- Whenever choosing stain removers, take into consideration the type of carpeting and the carpet color.
- Stay away from scrubbing or rubbing the carpet while cleaning. This may push the stain further into the carpet fibers. The scrubbing motion can also damage the fibers which can make the area become noticeable even after the stain is removed.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Auckland Central 09-377 9044
North Shore 09-489 5599
West Auckland 09-836 0990
East Auckland 09-535 1055
South Auckland 09-262 1800