Wine, cola, blood and makeup can all leave difficult to remove stains on a carpet. However, who would have imagined plain old water could actually stain a carpet? Clean water stains carpets can be ugly. In fact, these clean water stains are caused by small amounts of sediment present in the water being left behind once the spillage or leak dries out. Fortunately, in most cases, a water spot is not difficult to remove.
Getting Rid of Water Stains From Carpet
Things Needed to Clean Water Stains:
First, clean dry towel.
Second, clean water.
Third one, white vinegar.
- Water stains on natural fibers may develop what is referred to as “cellulosic browning”. In particular, a stain that can solely be removed by a trained carpet cleaning technician.
Synthetic Fibers (Nylon, Polypropylene)
- Combine a solution of half water together with half white vinegar. Of course, vinegar is acidic. It will neutralize the alkalinity of the sediment that is certainly making the water stain.
- Dampen a clean white terry towel as well as the water/vinegar solution.
- Rub the towel lightly over the water spot. The aim is to get the tips of the carpet fibers wet, not to soak the carpet too.
- Let the carpet fibers dry. Hopefully, the stain is gone or otherwise lessened. If the stain is diminished but still noticeable, repeat the water/vinegar procedure until the stain is gone. In addition, allow the fibers to dry in between each application.
- The most significant thing you can do to stop your carpet from staining is react promptly to any spills. Blot up liquids using white paper towels or a clean absorbent cloth. Blot (never rub) the spill and work from the outside in to the middle. Rubbing will only spread the stain over a bigger area.
- Solutions that clean clothes will often clean carpets also. A laundry pretreating product on a fresh spill will most likely prevent it from permanently staining.
- Each time you are trying to remove any stains from your carpet, at all times first test in an inconspicuous spot first.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599