Getting Rid of Water Stains From Carpet
Regrettably, carpets stain. Wine, cola, blood and makeup can all leave difficult to remove stains on a carpet. However, who would have imagined plain old water could actually stain a carpet? Well, it can. Small quantities of sediment dissolved in the water can be left behind once a water spot dries, leaving a tell tale stain. Fortunately, in most cases, a water stain is not difficult to remove.
Clean dry terry towel
- Water stains on natural fibers may develop what is referred to as “cellulosic browning”, a stain that can solely be removed by a trained carpet cleaning technician.
Synthetic Fibers (Nylon, Polypropylene)
- Combine a solution of half water together with half white vinegar. The vinegar is acidic and will neutralize the alkalinity of the sediment that is certainly making the water stain.
- Dampen a clean white terry towel with the water/vinegar solution.
- Rub the towel lightly over the water spot. The aim is to get the tips of the carpet fibers wet, not to soak the carpet per se.
- Let the carpet fibers dry. Hopefully, the stain is gone or otherwise lessened. If the stain is diminished but still noticeable, repeat the water/vinegar procedure until the stain is gone. Allow the fibers to dry in between each application.
- The most significant thing you can do to stop your carpet from staining is react promptly to any spills. Blot up liquids using white paper towels or a clean absorbent cloth. Blot (never rub) the spill and work from the outside in to the middle. Rubbing will only spread the stain over a bigger area.
- Solutions that clean clothes will often clean carpets also. A laundry pretreating product on a fresh spill will most likely prevent it from permanently staining.
- Each time you are trying to remove any stains from your carpet, at all times first test in an inconspicuous spot first.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599
Manukau, Howick, Pakaranga, Botany, Panmure, Ellerslie, Mt Wellington, Penrose, Greenlane, Remuera, Newmarket, Epsom, Mt Roskill, Mt Albert, Manurewa, Botany, East Tamaki, Otara, Dannemora, Otahuhu, Onehunga, Papatoetoe, Pukekohe, Papakura, Mangere, Manerewa, Parnel, City, Hernebay, Ponsonby, Pt Chev, New Lynn, Henderson, South Auckland, East Auckland, West Auckland, North Shore Auckland, Eastern Bays, Eastern Suburbs, Western Suburbs, Manukau City, Waitakere City, Cbd, North Shore, Shore, Waitakere, Te Atatu South, Te Atatu Penisula, Auckland City, North Shore, Glendene, Glen Eden, Titirangi, Massey, Greenhieth, West Habour, Hobsonville, Orewa, Brownsbay, North Shore, Glenfield, Birkdale, Birkenhead, Takapuna , North Habour, North Auckland, Devonport, Milford, East Coast Bays, Hibiscus Coast, Whangaparoa, Rodney District, Albany, Nth Shore, Auckland Cbd, Manukau City
Auckland Central 09-377 9044
North Shore 09-489 5599
West Auckland 09-836 0990
East Auckland 09-535 1055
South Auckland 09-262 1800