The coffee stain – the ultimate horror for the owner of a light-colored carpet. Coffee stains weren’t part of the morning plan, but don’t worry. There is a solution for removing coffee stains from carpet. Listed below are several cleaning options to get the stain gone and your carpet normal again.
Getting Rid of Coffee Stains from Carpet
- Baking soda
- Mild soap or dish detergent (bleach-free)
- Paper towels or soft cloths
- Spray bottle (optional)
- White foam shaving cream
*At all times test a small hidden section first to ensure the cleaner will not cause any uncomfortable side effects to the color or texture of the carpeting.
- The earlier you can catch a spill, the better. If the spill is fresh, begin by blotting the area to absorb as much as possible. It is best to work externally of the spill towards the middle to avoid spreading the stain.
- After that, spray on plain water and blot using a clean cloth.
- Do it again until much or all of the coffee is removed. In case it is treated promptly, it can often be removed with very little staining.
- If there’s a stain left, or if you are struggling to get to the stain right away, proceed with the following steps.
- Apply a mild soap or detergent to the spot and gently work it by rubbing the fibers between your fingers. Refrain from pushing down as you rub as this will push the stain further into the carpet.
- Spray with water and blot repeatedly to wash.
- In the event that there is still some staining, apply a foamy shaving cream to the spot and rub it gently with a clean cloth.
- Blot to remove. Perform repeatedly as needed.
- Rinse by spraying with water that is clean and blotting using a clean cloth.
This procedure will often be sufficient to clean the coffee stain.
- In case staining persists, make a paste by using baking soda and water. It must be the consistency of toothpaste.
- Spread the paste onto the stain and let it to sit and dry.
- As soon as it is dry, vacuum it away and then the stain should be gone.
- If not, mix 1 part white vinegar with 2 parts water and spray the stained spot.
- Blot using a clean cloth to remove. Repeat as needed.
- Rinse the area with clean water and blot using a clean cloth.
- Once the stain is completely gone and the spot has been rinsed thoroughly, lay a small stack of paper towels over the wet area and either step on it to soak up the water or lay a heavy book on top for several hours. This will assist you draw out the very last bit of water from the carpet fibers.
- Allow the spot to air dry totally.
- Lastly, vacuum to recover the carpet’s texture.
- There are commercial cleaners intended for removing coffee stains. Two that you may possibly wish to consider are Coffee Stain Remover by ForceOut and Masterblend.
- In case you have a spill that you can’t get to right away, cover it using salt. The salt will absorb the coffee and reduce the stain substantially.
- If trying to remove an old stain, ensure that you moisten the area well first. You would like to get the stain wet making it “fresh” again.
Carpet Cleaning Auckland 09-489 5599